Tuesday 17 December 2013

3d character modelling

So I chose to do the 3d character modelling brief. While I liked the environment modelling and concept art briefs I will be doing a whole module based around building an environment next semester so it would be good to use this chance to try out something else. This means that I will need to design, model and texture both low and high poly versions of the character. We were given 3 different character types to choose from -

a hero warrior based off of ancient Mayan culture
an aggressive and brutish antagonist based off of celtic culture
or a peaceful eldar figure based on futuristic technology

I eventually decided on the Mayan character as that is something that has always interested me and I think there is the potential for a lot of really interesting design choices

No comments:

Post a Comment