Thursday 24 October 2013

Week 1 - Perspective Drawing

For our first Computer Arts practice lab we were tasked with going and finding somewhere within the campus to practice our perspective drawings.  




I was pretty happy with this. It had been a long time since I had tried to do a perspective drawing, but once I got started it all began to come back to me. I think I used the construction lines properly to get the right scale and perspective, especially on things like the pillars, which I was expecting to be a nightmare to draw. I think the actual drawing could be a lot nicer however. A lot of the lines could be a bit more confident and less sketchy, and seeing as how this is a drawing showing the architecture of the building, a ruler would have been very useful! The drawing could also benefit from having some more time spent adding tone and shading to try and get a better sense of scale. Right now, it seems very flat with only the actual perspective drawing to give the piece any depth to it

No comments:

Post a Comment