Thursday 24 October 2013

Week 3 - Live Drawing







For week 3 we were sent out to find a place to sit and draw people as they went about their lives. So we would have only a few seconds to get the basic movement and pose of people before they were gone or had moved to a different pose. This task was pretty fun trying to show as much of these peoples movement as possible. I also found it to be very difficult trying to find someone who would be interesting to draw and then by the time I did they were gone before I could start drawing. I think I was trying to get too much unnecesary detail, as looking at other artists attempts at this all thats needed to get the idea across can be as little as a couple of lines. Though as the task went on I do believe that my drawings got a bit less fussy and I stopped caring about smaller details. More practice doing this would be great as I also found that the first few drawings felt pretty awkward trying not to stare too much at people having their coffee. There were definitely a few lecturers from uni clearly knew they were being drawn..  

No comments:

Post a Comment