Monday 13 January 2014

3D Models

The final 3d models. I tried to make sure all the faces on the low poly model all contributed to the silhouette and shape in some way, otherwise there was no point in them being there. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how the model has turned out. I like the slightly exaggerated shapes of of the characters body and I think they will look good with more stylised and hand painted textures rather than using photos.

With the high poly model I wanted to try and keep it very similar to the low poly one. using the extra faces to smooth out the harsh edges and make the model a bit more realistic. The jewellery and mask were given some detail to give them some depth and solidity as well as making the details clearer. I'm happy with how the overall feeling of the character has stayed the same, while certain areas have been enhanced. I would like to have done more with the jewellery to give it an extra bit of polish but time was running low and I need to move onto texturing this







No comments:

Post a Comment